This award is given each year to three outstanding women working in oncology academia, advocacy, or industry.
With the number of women in oncology rapidly expanding across the globe, it is crucial to understand the impact of women in cancer research, treatment, and advocacy. Currently, there are few awards that honor these individuals, and the Women in Oncology Award sets to give them the recognition they deserve.
Eligible nominees must meet one of the following criteria:
- Active in scientific research or clinical trials
- Consistent patient advocacy
- Active industry employee working in the oncology field
Additionally, nominees must:
- Have been involved in cancer research, education, and/or patient support for 5 or more years
- Have been consistently advocating for patients and their families through her actions
- Have fueled innovation, which has led to therapies or services that have improved the lives of patients with cancer and their families
- Have advanced the field of oncology in a meaningful and positive way
The winners of the 2017 Women in Oncology Award will be announced and honored on February 12th, 2017 at the upcoming 2017 Annual PRIMO Meeting.
If you, or someone you know, would like to nominate someone for the Women in Oncology Award, please click here to complete the necessary form by December 9, 2017.