The Women in Oncology Award is awarded by Practical Recommendations in Immuno and Molecular Oncology (PRIMO) every year to three outstanding women who have made a profound impact on the field of oncology and the lives of others.
Women across the globe have long been making remarkable strides in cancer research and the advancement of patient care, though there are still few awards that specifically recognize their impact. PRIMO seeks to give that recognition to these outstanding women, who continue to positively impact oncology through academia, advocacy, and industry.
Eligible nominees must meet one of the following criteria:
- Active in scientific research or clinical trials
- Consistent patient advocacy
- Active industry employee working in oncology
Nominees must also have been:
- Involved in cancer research, education, and/or patient support for 5 or more years
- Consistently advocating for patients and their families through her actions
- Stimulated innovation, leading to therapies and services that have improved the lives of patients and their families
We are looking for women who have made meaningful advancements in the field of oncology. If you, or someone you know, fits this description, then please nominate her by filling out this form by September 30th.
Winners will be announced on February 1st, 2018 during the first full day of the upcoming 2018 PRIMO Meeting. To read more about the award, as well as past winners, please click here.